Directors Identification Number (DIN) is an identification number issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, to applicants who propose to be Directors on the Board of a Company or Designated Partners of an LLP.
DIR 3 KYC Filing is a yearly compliance to be filed by all the DIN holders irrespective whether the DIN holder is a Director in any Company or not/Designated Partner in an LLP or not.
The Form DIR 3 KYC is also required to be filed even if the status of the DIN is disqualified under Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
As required under Rule 12 A of The Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, Every individual who has been allotted a Director Identification Number (DIN) as on 31st March of a financial year shall, submit E-form DIR-3-KYC on or before 30th September of immediate next financial year.
For the first time if E-Form DIR-3 KYC is filed, for the consecutive years in case there are no changes in E-mail id and Mobile Number, the KYC can be filed through a web-based verification service, where in only Mobile and E-mail OTP will be required from the DIN holder.
The following shall not be able to do KYC web-based verification service and will be required to e file the E-Form DIR 3 KYC:
- Those who have been allotted DIN during the FY 2020-21
- Those who did not file their KYC last year even though they were required to do so. In such cases penalty of Rs 5000 must be paid.
- Those who want to update their E-mail or Mobile Number from last year filed form.
- For persons who want to update any other information like address, they need to first file DIR 6 and then after its approval use the web-based verification service.
Requirements for filing of Form- DIR-3 KYC for Foreign Director.
|Identity Proof||Copy of Passport|
|Proof of Address (Any one)||Copy of Driving License / Bank Statement / Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill / Water Bill / Gas Bill|
|Translation of Documents||All the documents that are not in English has to be translated to English by an accredited translator.|
|Notarization and Legalization or Apostilisation of Documents||Copies of Passport and Address Proof with translations, if any, must be Notarized and Apostilled / Consularized by the competent authority of that foreign country|
|Validity of the Address Proof||Utility bills like electricity, water, gas, telephone bill, Bank Statement shall be the name of the applicant and should be a recent one not older than 2 months from the date of application|
|Validity of the Notarized or Apostilled Documents||Notarial Affidavits denotes verification of person making a legal declaration. It is used as a documentary evidence before the Court of Law. However, a specific declaration before any concerned authority like LIC, Bank or any govt office is valid for a period of six months from the date of swearing in.
- Form shall be verified by Mobile OTP and Email OTP.
- The form should be filed by every Director using his own DSC and should be duly certified by Practicing professional.
- No KYC Fees if filed before 30th September of the Financial Year.
- Every Individual DIN will be marked as deactivated, who does not intimate his/her particulars E-Form DIR-3KYC within stipulated time.
- The de-activated DIN shall be re-activated only after E-Form- DIR-3 KYC is filed along with fees of Rs. 5000/- as prescribed under Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
Call us at +91 973 973 6999 | +91 991 666 8146 for online company registration in Bangalore